Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Recap & Looking Forward

  I have really been enjoying looking at all the 2011 recaps that have been floating around, especially the mosaics of finished products, so I decided to make my own.  Since I just recently started photographing & blogging my projects, I took some time this afternoon to try and get pictures of the projects I completed this past year.  Of course, I left off a quite a few, including a wallhanging quilt for my mom for Christmas, some bags and toys, and a baby quilt for a friend.  I am terrible at getting pictures of gifts before I give them - one more resolution for 2012!



  So counting wallhangings, I made 10 quilts this year.  Not bad at all, but I started a lot more.  Need to finish up some of those UFOs I have laying around.  I also have a bunch of ideas bouncing around in my head, so I feel like I have plenty to keep me busy for a while.  Not that that's a bad thing.

  Now on to the important part (ok well, for me at least!) - my goals for 2012:

1) Be a Better Me
       I got really burnt out at work at the end of the year, and it really affected me.  So, in order to better deal with stress, I need to take better care of myself.  Basic things, like eat better, go to bed at a decent hour, and exercise.  You know, the usual 2012 resolution stuff!  I've also learned that my moods really affect my husband's and son's, and my family is the most important thing in the world to me.

2) Live a Simpler Life
       I want to slow down and appreciate the things I have, eat real food at home more, and stop buying things just to buy (yes, that includes fabric - eek!).  I hope that going back to basics will make our lives much easier.

3) Get and Stay Organized
       Yes, another classic one.  But I started down this road in the last couple of months, and just need to get there in a few more areas of life.  This one is crucial to the success of the others!

4) Finish More Projects & Use My Stash
       I have several UFOs laying around that need to be done, and lots of projects in my head that I either have the fabric to do or just need a little to do.  Need to get on top of those before buying a bunch of new stuff.

5) Sew Clothes
       I started doing this in the last few months, mostly easy pants and tops for my son and PJ pants for my husband.  I'm hooked!  And my wonderful husband bought me a serger for Christmas, so no I have no excuses!  Now if I can just figure out how to use the thing...


That's about it for me!  Hope everyone had Happy Holidays and is looking forward to the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment