Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baby Girl Goodies

We had the big ultrasound today, and although baby was super uncooperative, she is in fact a girl and everything looks great - whew!  And I'm extremely excited that it doesn't look like I'll have to be on bedrest either.  Praying that doesn't change!  So with happy news, I did some retail celebrating and finished a quilt top I had started.  It's the "Cub Crawl Baby Quilt" pattern from Shape Workshops for Quilters.  I won this book from the awesome John Adams (Quilt Dad) himself when he came to speak to the Triad Modern Quilt Guild earlier this month.  It's made from a 1/2 yard bundle of Nicey Jane I've been saving that I had no idea what to do with.  I saw the pattern in the book, and loved the colors for the nursery, so this quilt top was born.


This was a great quick pattern and it makes a fairly large quilt (48 X 60).  I'm going to use the rest of the prints, that are all in the green and yellow colorway, for the back.


I had to splurge a little today and pick up some cute prints for the nursery at the LQS.  I spent way more on flannel than usual and got this cute and amazingly soft Ann Kelle print that will probably be a crib sheet.  I also got these adorable Riley Blake prints that I think will make some cute throw pillows.


I also have a bunch of fun stuff in my stash, stuff that I bought for "some day".  I am hoping they will have a place - maybe storage items?  They are home dec weight from JoAnn's, and the 2 on the right are actually from Dwell Studio!


I've had this Alexander Henry 2D Zoo fabric for ages, but since Evan is not a fan of pink I've never really had a use for it.  I'm thinking this will be another crib sheet.


Finally, I have this random home dec remnant from Hancock Fabrics.  I got it for a steal, it's wonderful quality and so pretty.  I was originally going to make a purse, but the print was a little too big.  Curtains maybe?


We are very excited and feeling blessed that all is well with our little one so far, especially since I was told early in the pregnancy that I was miscarrying.  So yes, I am overjoyed to be planning a nursery, even if it means losing a ton of space and being a little cramped :)

Can't wait to sew some cute baby stuff!  And of course big brother won't be left out, plenty of goodies in the works for him too, namely something to go with his recent superhero obsession.  What is it with boys and "getting" bad guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment