Monday, November 28, 2011

Mrs. Log Cabin for Christmas - Quilt Top

Well, thanks to a family-shared stomach flu, Thanksgiving, and putting up Christmas stuff, my poor blog has been sadly neglected. But I haven't been idle on the sewing front and have several new projects to post over the next few days.

My first is my mother-in-law's quilt top for Christmas, which is the girly version of the one I made for my father-in-law. It's much more feminine, and a little bit more modern as well due to the brighter colors. Purple is her favorite color, and after finding this pretty white, purple, and green fabric for the border, I added green as the secondary color for the log cabin blocks.



Sorry for the terrible pictures, but it's dark when I get up and dark when I get home, so no time for daylight pictures recently! Guess I'm just going to have to take some long lunches....I'll definitely have better pics for the finished product.



I have this quilt basted with a great hydrangea print that pulls in the purples and greens as well as "hydrangea blue." So ahead of time - already basted and it's not even December. This means I have no excuses for this not to be finished Christmas Eve...but I'm sure I'll think of something!

This week I am working on the in-law quilts and a few projects for the Triad Modern Quilt Guild. I'm also working on not getting sidetracked. Why is it that when you have a bunch of things going on at once that you always want to add something else? Guess life is just more fun that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment