Sunday, October 16, 2011

Purple Posh Quilt

I made this quilt as a comfort quilt for a teenage girl who was going through a tough time (my brother’s on-again, off-again girlfriend – oh hormones!). She said she liked purple, green, blue, and white. Well…ok. I wasn’t sure how I was going to make that work. All I knew was that I wanted to make it modern. I had the Posh quilt pattern saved for a while, and it seemed like the way to go. So then it was off for fabric. I lucked out and found the perfect fabric line, at Hancock Fabrics of all places! So I combined it with a few other fun prints and a few solids, and chose a medium purple Kona solid for the main background.



I picked a bright lime green for the back, but ended up using all of the remaining scraps for the back as well, and now I think I like the back almost as much as the front. I stippled all over with thread that matched the purple solid, and bound it with dark blue to frame it. I love how it turned out, and it was certainly hard to give it away. It was especially hard as I didn’t get to give it myself so I didn’t get to see a reaction. My husband loved it too, and wanted to keep it, so I might have to make another one for us!


As a side note, I completely underestimated the difficulty in getting decent quilt pictures. I work full-time so getting a nice sunny outdoor picture meant that I was limited to weekends. Then it seems coordinating a dog, toddler, and husband is quite the feat! I had countless running baby and dog butt pics before I finally got smart and locked them inside and used the neighbor’s fence as a helper instead. Much more cooperative.


Note the fluffy tail on the left and my son's awesome black socks on the right. I'm not sure this counts as nice staging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment