Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fun Things

This past week has been a really fun one, although not terribly productive on the quilting front.

We had our Triad MQG meeting, which I missed last month, and I was so excited to be back with our fabulous group of ladies.  For this month we did a travel pillow swap.  My partner, Colleen, loves all things DS Quilts and the ever-popular red/aqua color combo.  So I picked a bunch of red/aqua prints from the various DS Quilts prints at Joann's, and did a simple flying geese pattern.


The front is quilted with a basic zig zag that follows the geese, and the back is a simple stipple.


And it even has a zipper!  They aren't nearly as hard as they seem.


My partner loved it - yay!!  And, I love the cute, bright pillow I got from my other partner (maker?), Angie! See, it's even already nice and wrinkled from getting use in my sewing chair.


Also, even though I didn't get a lot of quilty stuff done, I did finally make peace with my serger!  I've already made a somewhat bizarre-looking practice shirt for my son that was sewed almost entirely on the serger.  It really is great for knits.


And now for one of the best parts of my week - I won this awesome A Stitch in Color by Malka Dubrawsky layer cake from Marmalade Fabrics from a giveaway over at Film in the Fridge.  Wow, talk about luck!  This was a great giveaway that I never expected to win, so wahoo!!  Now I just have to figure out what to do with it, so many possibilities!





3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen. I know I said so at the MQG meeting, but I really like your pillow!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And yes it is wrinkled form being n MY sewing chair! Na na naa naa! In fact it is supporting my arm as I type this! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pillows, both so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete